Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Single to motherhood/wife

Wow!....It has been a whirlwind and I can say...eye opening. I have been learning more about patience and chores then i ever thought possible. Example....I use to only do my wash every 2 weeks....yes I had enough clothes to do that, until I washed again. Coming into having to do wash every day (2 loads) so they have something to wear. Was difficult. (they don't have as many clothes as I, I'm lucky if they have a week..I will change that soon) Then making dinner, I thought I made dinner before but NO...I now know I just cooked when I wanted too. So many thanks to Ashlee's Recipes blog...it has saved me on many occasions. I realize I don't want to just make any food i want to make good food and I want to be like my mom or aunts. When you taste food your mouth is happy with the joy of the flavor. Mike just wants it hot....I don't think he has taste buds....he obviously has been in the military and scarfs his food down and is done.....doesn't work like that for me. Amanda wants to be like dad so she does the same. So it is me and little Zoe at the table finishing the meal. I can tell you I am not a GREAT cook because it has been hit and miss on my meals.
Last night I made Broccoli stir fry from a recipe off some blog and it was good and smelled good but BOY was it HOT!...Mikey LOVED it and the rest of us drank a gallon of apple juice to get it down. The night before was Pot Roast....yeah you think I wouldn't mess up on that. Well I found a recipe in a book and I was so excited to try it. I put 1 1/4 cups of apple cider vinegar in it...I thought that is a lot but I looked at it and that is what it said..(i thought)....it was so vinegary the potato's, carrots and onions and meat....I couldn't figure out what i did wrong.....the recipe called for 1 1/4 cups of Apple cider or apple cider juice....so much for my reading ability. Nothing like a good dose of vinegar in your system. I have a new appreciation for my mother in the early morning of making breakfast and lunch for us. I have found I like making enough food for leftover so I don't have to make sandwich's all the time.
Then the chores still working on that. Teaching them that I am not here to do everything. Helping them see that the garbage does need to be taken out or the dishes done not just by me. Or the sweeping of the floors and the bathroom toilet and sinks. JOB CHART TO COME! Really who likes doing those things. If I was home all the time I can understand but once I start working these things will not get done unless there is a job chart I am pretty sure of that.
Being married has been GREAT though and I do love it in many ways. I love were we live, I love our home, I like the location of the home (mostly). BUT I miss my Friends! I know new one will come but I will continue to look for a job and be the mother and wife I am meant to be.

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Glad that you are loving life despite some of the not so fun parts like chores.I will have to add some of my favorite meals to my blog so that you can try them. Love you!

Cathy said...

Laurie always says that they never mentioned cleaning toilets in YW :) It is an adjustment, but a great one. So glad you're happy. Can't wait to get a chance to come visit you and see your house! Love you,

~C

Amber said...

I am so happy that you are enjoying being married and the new family life. I am sure the meals are great, maybe not that vinegar roast beef but if you stick to Ashlee's blog you will find some good meals. :) I also love going to ourbestbites.com for some yummy dishes.
Love you!!

Jill said...

That vinegar story is CLASSIC. I am so glad that you are sharing your feelings and experiences about marriage/family life. So important to keep it real.

Love you sis, I mean Mrs. Standrich. :)

PS: like the look of the blog.